I am a little late with this blog post, but I am delighted to have been nominated for the The Blogger Recognition Award by the fabulous Rachael at The Impending Joys of Motherhood Blog and the lovely Faiza at On Women Mind Blog. I am so delighted that you both took the time to read my blog, let alone recognise it with an award. So a massive and deeply heart felt thank you to you both.
You might be wondering what I have been awarded with. But rather than a physical item like a plaque of some sorts, the Blogger Recognition Award is about appreciating someone else for their time, efforts and the hard work that they have put into their blog. It not only helps to share their work a little farther afield, but it also gives them a little encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. It has definitely given me a little boost. I blog because I love to do write, in any way shape or form and my blog allows me to do that. So to be recognised for that is always a good thing and it is always nice to help others along the way. This is what this award does. Remember, it costs nothing to be nice! While I am at it, I would like to thank anyone who takes, or has taken the time to read my blog. I am only a little fish in a very big and talented sea of parenting bloggers, so I really appreciate any readership that I get. So thank you for reading and following my blog!
Why I started Orla the Irish Mammy
I started my blog in December 2016 after nearly a year ( if I’m honest) of being afraid to start it! I wanted to start it while I was on maternity leave with Ruby, but I was worried that I wouldn’t have enough to say, or that people wouldn’t want to hear what I had to say! In the end I just decided one day to give over and just so it! The blog and my social media sites are places where I write about how I am trying to juggle work life, toddler life, student life (I’m currently completing a Montessori course), weight loss and the planning of my wedding!
Advice for new bloggers
- Just go for it! If you want to start a blog, do it. Whats the worst than can happen? Yes, it may not be successful, but you need to decide is that what your blog is about? What are the reasons you are doing it for? And if it doesn’t work out, you can either learn from your mistakes and try again, or not, and that’s ok too. But at least you gave it ago. I spent nearly a year humming and hawing over it. I wish I had started it sooner, I love it. It is a great release and keeps my mind ticking over!
- Decide what it is you want to blog about, but make sure that it is something that you are passionate about, as that is what will keep you going!
Nominees for “Blogger Recognition Award”:
I have nominated 15 bloggers listed below. Why not grab a cuppa and check out their blogs and please don’t forget to share this post!
14- My Face or Yours
15- Mums Make Up Bag
If you’ve been nominated, your next steps are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Until the next blog,
Orla the Irish Mammy x